Join MySurvey and get Rewarded for giving your Opinion!

Monday, February 15, 2010

Finding Some Freebies at Wal-Mart! (or Why I get 6 newspapers a week)



I went to Wal-Mart this evening under the guise of needing some hair color (I really DID need this, which you know if you have seen my hair lately - I didn't realize I had that much gray hair!!).
I also went to see exactly what they had available in travel size that would end up free after coupons. I found a couple of GREAT deals.

First I found Old Spice Body Wash (1.7 oz) for 97 cents. The newspaper had coupons a while back for 1.00 off any Old Spice Deodorant or Body Wash that was 1.7 oz or larger. So I picked up six (since I had six coupons).

Then I looked and found Dove shampoo and conditioner. The larger bottles were 1.47 and the smaller blue bottles were 97 cents. I had 7 coupons for any Dove Shampoo or condition (any size - I LOVE coupons that don't exclude trial sizes). The coupons are 1.50 off! - So, if you have these and by tht little ones, you make 53 cents. I bought the bigger ones and a couple of little ones.

I also found a great deal on cat food. The Iams Premium Cat food for seniors (our Sara is over 13 years old) is sold for 6.97 a bag. I had 7 coupons for 5.00 off any bag. So for 1.97 a bag I was able to get some quality cat food for our Sara.

Note: My Wal-Mart does not "adjust" coupons, which means they GIVE me the value off stated, even if the product is cheaper. I LOVE this.
In all:

6 Old Spice Body washes at 97 cents minus 1.00 each = 18 cents OVER
4 Dove Shampoo/Condition (larger travel size) at 1.47 minus 1.50 = 12 cents OVER
3 Dove Conditions (smaller travel size) at 97 cents minus 1.50 = 1.59 OVER

So, I got the above FREE, plus I applied the 1.89 to the cat food :)

No comments:

Post a Comment