Join MySurvey and get Rewarded for giving your Opinion!

Wednesday, January 13, 2010

New YoPlait Frozen Smoothies Review


Yoplait Yogurt sent me a coupon for a free package of the new Yoplait Frozen Yogurt Smoothie Mix. It is available in your freezer section. I am not getting paid to make this review, but the product itself was free.

Sophie, my daughter, and I tried the smoothies last night. There are a few different flavors and we tried Triple Berry. Each package makes 2 servings and was priced $3.19 at my local grocery store (Kroger).
We put the frozen mixture into the blender (you do need a blender for this) and added milk. We ended up adding more milk than it initially said because the smoothies were too thick. I guess we like ours thinner - it depends on whether you want to EAT it or DRINK it.
The taste was nice - very strong, berry flavor that was not too sweet or too sour. Both of us commented on the grainy texture of the smoothie though. I don't know if this is just true for the berry flavor, but it was distracting while eating.

I finished mine off, but Sophie left some in her cup.
All in all, this is something I would give one more try IF it's one sale and I had a coupon. The company did send me several 1.25 off coupons, so if you are interested in trying a flavor, let me know. I would not be willing to pay 1.50 plus per serving for it, but if you like smoothies and normally spend more than 1.00, this might be a good deal for you (with the coupon).

If you try it, leave a message and let me know what you think. Also, let me know if you would like a coupon.

For more info on the product: http://www.yoplait.com/products_smoothie.aspx

No comments:

Post a Comment