Join MySurvey and get Rewarded for giving your Opinion!

Monday, March 15, 2010

A Good Week at Walgreens


Well, as some of you know, Kenn and I are trying to get healthier this year. Kenn is going to Philmont with Jonathan this summer and their is a weight requirement that he has to meet. So we are both trying to lose weight and get fit.
As part of that, Kenn has begun drinking Special K drinks for breakfast. It seems to be working for him (and our budget - it's cheaper than McDonalds!).
This week Walgreens has a good price on the Special K drinks - 2 packs for $9 - BUT you get $3 in Rewards when you buy 2.
They also have their Revlon Cosmetics on sale 40 percent off! And if you buy $10 worth of Revlon, you get $5 in Rewards.
Their last "can't miss" deal is on Colgate Total toothpaste. It's on sale for 3.99 with 3.99 in Rewards! It's FREE after Rewards! To make it better, you can combine it with the 1.00 off Colgate toothpaste coupon - and make a buck!

Here's my trip yesterday:
(I had $10 in rewards from 2 weeks ago - I did the Nyquil/Dayquil deal, where you buy $20 worth of Vicks products and get $10 in rewards. Of course I had coupons to go with it, which brought my total WAAAAAYYYYYY down).

I bought 2 Special K drinks, Colgate Toothpaste, and Aloe Vera Gel (it was on clearance for 74 cents, and summer is coming!)
My total before coupons was $13.73
I used a 1.00 coupon for the Special K drinks, a 1.00 coupon for the Colgate and my $10 in Rewards. I paid 1.73 in cash!
I GOT BACK $7 in Rewards!
Then...
I bought 6 Revlon nail clippers, 2 Revlon nail files, 2 Revlon Eye Shadows, Walgreens brand SPF 70 sunscreen, some candy for Sophie (Hubba Bubba Sour Lolly) and used 8 coupons for 1.00 off any Revlon product and 2 coupons for 2.00 off Revlon makeup. I also used my $7 in rewards from the previous transaction and paid $5.20 in cash. I got back $5 in rewards.

So for $6.93 and $10 in rewards I was able to get all of the above AND walk out with $5 in rewards!
I'm pretty pleased :)

No comments:

Post a Comment