Join MySurvey and get Rewarded for giving your Opinion!

Monday, January 4, 2010

Freebies in the mail today (and a good trip to Walgreens)




Today was the second mail day of the year and the second day I got free things in the mail. Today I got a free thermometer from CVS Minute Clinic. It was mailed in the most interesting plastic tube. I consider this a bonus gift!




I also decided to go to Walgreens tonight (I will try CVS tomorrow - no rush now that I know they do rain checks w/ Extra Care Bucks). They had no great "free" things, but I did end up with what I think is a great bargain. I purchased four packages (9 oz. each) of Oscar Meyer deli shaved ham, 2 packages of Kraft American Cheese Slices, a jar of Jif peanut butter, a squeezable container of Smucker's Strawberry spread, and there jars of Hunts Tomato Sauce for 10.0o (actually I think it was 9.99, but who's counting???). I consider this a good deal. What do you think?




I also checked into the "grocery salvage" stores around here. There is a local one off of Beach Street. I am considering going, but since they don't take coupons, I will probably only look for items that I don't often get coupons for that are at a "can't pass up" deal. I've been told there are no windows and lots of people - this is why I am considering NOT going.




No comments:

Post a Comment