Join MySurvey and get Rewarded for giving your Opinion!

Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Stacy's Pita Chips Review


A few weeks ago I posted that Stacy's Pita Chips was giving away coupons for a free bag of chips if you became a fan on facebook. I recently recieved my coupon and hope you have also recieved yours (they are shipping out over the next couple of weeks, so don't worry if you haven't yet).
My mom and dad tried the original/plain version and were very dissatisfied. My mom kept saying it tasted like cardboard, even with dip.
I steered away from that flavor and opted for the Tuscan herb chips. They are sold at my local grocery store (Kroger) for 3.99 a bag. They were on sale this week for 3.49 (BONUS - my coupon was for 3.99 off and I got the full 3.99 off, not just 3.49!!!)
I opened the bag tonight. I must first say that it is a small bag and is a lot more expensive when compared to other "chips".
There are 130 calories per serving (7 chips) and the chips are thick and a nice size. Seven chips would be a large "snack" - very fulfilling.
The Tuscan Herb Pita chips were tasty. I would definitely recommend that you try this flavor with your free bag coupon.

So, what's the verdict? I really enjoy this chip and it seems to be a healthier alternative to the potato chip. But is it worth the price? To me, right now, no. But I am working on frugality and 4.00 for an 8 ounce bag of chips is quite a lot. THere are 8 servings in a bag, so I guess when you think of it that way, it's really only 32 cents per serving, which seems reasonable.
If I have a coupon and find a good sale and could get a bag for around 2.00/2.50 I would buy these again, but keep them away from the kids (they don't appreciate them enough for the cost!).
Let me know what flavor you tried - and if you liked it.

No comments:

Post a Comment